- Celebrating The Epiphany with the Feast of Lights and the Baptism of Our Lord
- New Adult Discipleship Hour Class
- Pledge Envelopes for 2018 Available
- Missional Opportunities
- Third Saturday Christmas Meal for the Hungry
- Annual Parish Meeting and Lunch
- An Advent and Christmas Thank You
- Holy Days in January
- Next Parish Baptisms
Celebrating The Epiphany with the Feast of Lights and the Baptism of Our Lord
Sunday, January 7
7:30 and 10:00 am
The Epiphany is the coming of God’s light into the world, including gentiles, as represented by the Magi’s visit to the child Jesus in Bethlehem. We will celebrate The Epiphany and the Baptism of Our Lord with Mass with the Feast of Lights and the Renewal of our Baptismal Vows.
After the service, we will take the Christmas decorations out the church. We need your help! Bring your gloves, wire cutters and shop vacs. Refreshments will be served.
New Adult Discipleship Hour Class
This month we are beginning a new study and facilitated discussion of the Book of Hebrews. Hebrews exalts the person and work of Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. Hebrews also ‘connects the dots’ between the Old and the New Testaments, describing the relationship between Jewish and Gentile believers. All are welcome…and bring your Bible and a friend!
Pledge Envelopes for 2018 Available
Pick up your 2018 pledge envelopes at church on Sundays. These envelopes have been issued to all who pledged for the year 2018 as well as other folks who have historically given to All Saints. Pledge envelopes make the work of the assistant treasurer and those who count on Sunday much easier, and will aid us in our accounting. They will also help assure accurate credit for your contributions.
Alamitos Belmont Rehabilitation Hospital
Sundays, January 7, 21, 28
2:30-3:00 pm | at 4th and Termino
Everyone is invited to attend a short service with the residents of AB. Newcomers are always welcome!
Third Saturday Meal for the Hungry
Saturday, January 20
8:30 – 11:15 am Set Up/Meal Prep
11:15 am – 1:00 pm Serve/Clean up
Come take part in this opportunity to provide a meal for our guests, the poor in our community. To help, please email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up on the kiosk at church.
Annual Reports Due – January 15
This is a friendly reminder that annual reports for 2017 are due from staff and ministry leaders to the parish administrator (email@example.com) no later than January 15. Thank you for your cooperation!
Return to top
Annual Parish Meeting and Lunch
Sunday, February 11
Our annual parish meeting follows a lunch, which begins immediately after the 10:00 am Eucharist on that Sunday. Childcare for the younger children will be provided.
This meeting is a great time for fellowship for the entire parish family and a time to transact necessary business, and to receive an update on the state of our parish, and all members can have input into the decision-making processes of the parish.
We will adopt a parish budget for 2018 and hear important reports. We will also elect this year’s three new vestry persons for a three-year term. Fr. Scott will also be announcing the appointment of a new Senior Warden.
Mark your calendar today so you can join in!
Email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up on the kiosk at church to help and to eat.
Holy Days in January
Feast of the Epiphany (tr)
Feast of Lights & Baptism of Our Lord
Mass at 7:30 am and 10:00 am
Feast of the Confession of St. Peter (tr)
Mass at 6:45 pm
Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul (tr)
Mass at 6:45 pm
Return to top
An Advent and Christmas Thank You
A very heartfelt thank you to everyone who made Advent and Christmas such a wonderful event in the life of the parish:
- John Calley for the Advent and Christmas Wreath readings, and those who read and lit the candles.
- John Calley, Caren and Dan Spilsbury and all who made our Living Nativity so inviting, festive, and fun.
- Our Altar Guild for their preparation for Advent and Christmastide Eucharists.
- John Calley and all who assisted at the joyous Family Christmas Eve Service.
- John Calley and Sam Austin for creating the Christmas Ornament given to the children at the Family Christmas Eve Mass.
- Arend Jessurun, Sarah Boerner, and all our musicians and choir for enhancing our worship with their beautiful music.
- Our acolytes, lay readers, and ushers for their important jobs well done.
- Our parish staff and volunteers who worked hard on many details.
- Everyone who contributed for the purchase of the Christmas poinsettias.
- Caren and Dan Spilsbury and all who helped decorate the church for Christmas.
- To all those unnamed and those who worked behind the scenes.
- The people and guests of the parish who attended and participated in the Advent and Christmas services.
- Jim Hearn and those who led a Christmas Eve service at Alamitos Belmont Rehabilitation Hospital.
- To all the Lay Eucharistic Visitors who brought the reserved sacrament to those who could not attend services.
And thanks, most of all, to our God who loved us so much in sending Jesus Christ to the world in the Incarnation.
It was truly a blessed Advent and Christmas here at All Saints.
Return to top
Next Parish Baptisms
Easter Sunday, April 1
The next parish baptisms will be held on Easter Day, April 1 at 5:30 am. Pre-baptismal training sessions will be held in March. Attendance at these three sessions is mandatory for all adult candidates and all parents of infant candidates. Also, attendance at the final session is required for sponsors and godparents.
If you desire to be baptized or have a child baptized, or if you have any questions, please contact Ruth in the parish office at email@example.com or 562-438-3650. Subsequent days for baptism will be May 20 (Day of Pentecost) and November 4 (All Saints Sunday).
Return to top